Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I have a Monster.

I answered a wanted ad on MHSP for someone looking for tack for their PS Drafter and when the customer agreed to work with me, I had to go and remedy my lack of PS Drafter bodies!

Today this big boy landed on my doorstep.





This won't come as any surprise to people who have seen a PS Drafter in person before (or own one), but holy moley is he BIG! I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this giant.


He is, obviously, just a body, so at some point I will give him a coat or five of gesso, just to make him all one colour. I won't do it right away though, as the first order for him is a white bridle, and we do need to be able to see it on him! I do like the flames drawn on his right side, though.


I can't wait to get making some tack for that ginormous noggin!

In other news, I have a lovely view of my garden from my room, and it's a great spot for blackbirds and white-browed scrubwrens to scurry about in the undergrowth. On one of the tree ferns, my Dad has hung an elkhorn, in which I thought a pair of tiny scrubwrens had been building a nest.

Yesterday, I looked up and spotted a male blackbird making himself quite comfortable, sitting on top of the elkhorn/nest. Although I didn't think I'd have any success shooting through my filthy window, I grabbed my camera I took a few shots of the blackbird, and the scrubwrens hanging around nearby. They are a bit blurry and could use some editing, but I'd thought I'd share anyway. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment