Saturday, May 21, 2011

Silver and shine

I'm on the home stretch towards Black and Gold Live, as I leave Tuesday night. I have to work Monday and Tuesday though, so I'm trying to get as much done now as I can.

Fathead Luna is getting a new Western bridle. It wasn't until I was getting ready for Knox Live and about to leave with Lisa that I realised poor Luna had no Western bridle to go with the Erin Corbett saddle I ordered last year. I scrounged around in my tack box and found this beaded atrocity that I made for my once-off show, Foothills Live, back in 2009. Even though I made it for the loping QH mare (who has a TINY head) it somehow fit Luna without needed to replace anything. Shocking!


The length of beading on the reins isn't proportionate to her head position though, and it's not that great of a bridle in the first place. Needless to say, she didn't do very well, and so she gets a pretty new bridle for BANG.



I contemplated doing a set of romal reins for her, as I've never made any before, but I was a) short of time for learning, and b) short of beads. So maybe she will get a set later in the ear when I buy some more beads.



In the meantime, I hope she does okay in this beaded bridle.

(Luna is a CM Breyer classic 'Onyx' by the super talented Sue Kern.)

No comments:

Post a Comment