Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Slow progress

I am, technically, halfway through making the bridle for Dan's harness bridle, but the blinkers are driving me up the wall. My inability to cut straight is showing on the blinkers and it's affecting my mood. to work on them. So I've moved onto the harness saddle instead.

It is




Since taking these pictures I've made shaft loops and added straps for the belly band and shaft loop height, but unfortunately everything else (breastplate, breeching, girth, belly band, false martingale and of course reins) all rely on measurements. I have also picked off all the glue visible on the saddle's trim. Nothing like a camera flash to pick up on all of the flaws.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think you're going to do a great job on it; I would never try to make a Harness, since I would have no clue what I'd be doing. And I thought making bridles was hard!