Saturday, April 28, 2012

Do you see what I see?

It's not finished, but I was so excited that the raised browband and noseband worked out okay for this bridle, I just had to share!

I've always had trouble with raised browbands, but I think I found a method that works with it. Jennifer Buxton (I always try to call her Jennifer Braymere, hehe) recommends waxed linen thread, but I haven't really been able to find it, so I had been plaiting basic cotton thread, which didn't create a consistent raised shape (it was also a bit lost under the leather). So this time I tried using 0.4mm Chinese nylon knotting cord - you can get it from Tangles n Knots in lots of colours - and success!

I just need to add some padding (the brow and nosebands look a bit too narrow to me) and a tongue on the noseband, and straighten the wonky crownpiece, and it will be finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment